I Love Colonoscopies
Monday, March 14, 2005
 
my mom's colonoscopy
so my mom, who is 81, was scheduled for a colonoscopy last year. i asked her what preparation method her doctor gave her. "go-lightly," she replied. "i suggest you ask for the fleet phospho method. if they don't agree, just disregard them and use the fleet phospho prep method. it gives the same results -- a cleaned out colon."

"oh, no, but i can't disobey my doctor," she says.

(long pause on my side of the phone.)

"mom, do you remember how you taught me the importance of thinking independently, of questioning people who are in positions of authority, of thinking clearly for myself about things?"

"yes."

"i'm doing that now."

after talking with her doctor, mom used the fleet phospho method.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger